Are you a smoker, but you have the desire to quit?
Is being able to gain weight the reason that keeps you from becoming smoke-free?
Most smokers face this problem because quitting smoking can generate weight gain.
WHY IS QUITTING SMOKING A PROBLEM FOR GAINING WEIGHT?
Because smoking acts as an appetite suppressant, it speeds up the metabolism, which helps the calories burn much faster. When you quit, the metabolism rate slows down.
After quitting smoking, you regain a sense of taste and smell, which is why all food tastes better.
The cravings will also be a problem after quitting smoking, so you can have the intention to eat to get distracted from them.
During smoking, the brain makes various associations, and “hand-to-mouth” is one of them. When you quit smoking, the action remains and can make you want to have snacks.
6 WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST AFTER QUITTING SMOKING
Since most people focus on the problem itself and not the solutions, I thought I would suggest a few tips to lose weight quickly after quitting smoking.
The steps are easy to follow and will help you maintain a stable weight and be in great shape.
When you quit smoking, your mind needs to resonate with the decision made and with the steps you need to take. You can keep and train a great MINDSET by using daily positive affirmations to reaffirm your determination to achieve your goal and transform your attitudes, perceptions, and expectations.
- I am stronger than any excuse.
- I am open to positive changes in my life.
- I make healthy choices for my body.
- I am ready to be healthy and attractive.
- I respect and have love for myself and my body.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am achieving my goals, and nothing can stop me.
- I am creating a body that I desire.
- I love to eat healthy food.
- I am losing weight each day.
- I enjoy exercise. It makes me love my body.
These are just a few positive affirmations you can use daily to strengthen your motivation to achieve your weight goal.
Increasing the amount of water is the best way to lose weight fast. Drinking a minimum of 2 liters per day will flush your toxins from your body, keep you hydrated, and suppress your appetite. So, drink a full glass of water before every meal.
Exercise to boost your metabolism and nurture your spirit, release the tensions, stress, and frustrations from smoking cravings, and especially burn calories.
As I said, smoking burns calories, but when you quit smoking, your heart rate slows down, as well as your metabolism, which can lead to weight gain.
Try to implement regular physical movement at least three times per week. You can start using stairs, taking long walks, gardening, or doing housework.
If you are a dance lover (as I am), I recommend you put on your favorite music and dance in your way so nobody can see you.
Believe me, if you do it a few times per week, half an hour, using body rolls and ample movements of the hands and feet, you will burn more calories than you can imagine, especially in an enjoyable way.
I also recommend swimming, cycling or a static bike, Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi, which improves body balance. They uplift your mood, help eliminate stress, and strengthen your body.
Disclosure: Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you click through any of them and purchase at no additional cost. I only recommend products or services I trust and believe will add value to my readers. For more information, read the entire affiliate disclosure here.
Be creative, and I am sure you can find various activities that will help you to minimize weight gain. It is essential to be committed to implementing regular exercise in your lifestyle.
Emotional eating can be automatic, so control your emotions and eat just when relaxed.
It is essential to remove all distractions to stay focused on eating the right amount of food. Less food on your plate means less on your waist.
Be Mindful, extract the full richness out of it, use all your senses, and savor every bite by chewing slowly and in small pieces.
The fact that you will be present and receptive to all senses, sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell, will help you slow down the eating style and even start to explore the experience differently than usual.
Mindful eating replaces Self-criticism with Self-nurturing. It gives rise to all kinds of sensory experiences and sensations.
In addition to all the previous steps, nutrition plays a vital role in controlling weight after quitting smoking.
With my good friend and collaborator, Sheldon Sims, a Health Coach, we recommend a diet plan to help you balance your calories.
As I said from the beginning, you must have an open mind to resonate with your attitude towards food.
We offer you a variety of food products, divided into the three main meals of the day, which you can combine as you wish.
– Greek yogurt (diet-friendly), kéfir;
– eggs (low in calories, which boosts the metabolism). The egg yolk contains most nutrients, and egg white is an almost pure protein that perfectly balances all amino acids.
– vegan cheese (low in fat and calories): Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, and Swiss cheese;
– vegan milk low in sugar: almond, soy, rice, cashew, coconut, and Sheldon’s favorite, hemp milk, which can be an alternative to cow’s milk. It has a nutty flavor and creamy consistency and does not cause mind-altering effects.
– if you like a bit of sweetness, Sheldon recommends using brown rice syrup.
He also recommends for you a protein shake:
– 3 Tbsp hemp protein powder or hemp seeds
– 1 Tbsp wheatgrass powder
– 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
– 1 Tsp Maca powder (Peruvian ginseng); it is not recommended for thyroid problems.
– 2 bananas or 1 cup of blueberries
– 3 cups alkaline water
Blend for 1 minute.
I recommend you also my smoothie, which balances digestion and activates the metabolism:
– 2 bananas (I add, depending on the season, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or watermelon)
– fresh spinach leaves
– 1 Tbsp chia seeds
– 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 glass of coconut milk (it can be replaced with any vegan milk)
– 1 raw carrot
– 1 Tbsp spirulina powder
– fresh orange
Blend for 1 minute.
– being vegan for 35 years, organic beans are one of Sheldon’s staples.
– the salad must have a minimum of four colors of raw vegetables, with vegan dressing (oil/vinegar);
– you can use guacamole or organic salsa to add to a salad;
– use vegetable proteins such as edamame (soybeans) and Wakame seaweed salad.
For those who are meat consumers, it is recommended to use lean meat (low in fat), which will help convert protein into muscle and not fat, as well as fish.
As for meat, I recommend rabbit (which I love to prepare with olives), chicken breast, grass-fed beef (it is lower in fat and calories compared with grain-fed beef), and turkey; and as for fish, I suggest salmon and canned tuna.
We recommend a light dinner, preferably before 7 pm. You can combine:
– tofu (bean curd), tempeh (Indonesian soy product), seitán (wheat gluten);
– vegetables (sautéed, steamed, stir-fried, or raw);
– brown rice, quinoa, chia, millet, oats;
– yam (sweet potato).
After the meals, we recommend you drink one cup of the listed teas without sweetening it (or sweetened with raw honey): mint tea, green tea, black tea (not at night), and dandelion tea.
Due to the short but frequent cravings for smoking, your appetite to eat will increase considerably.
So we recommend you to have healthy snacks: walnuts, raw carrots, celery sticks, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, fresh fruits (bananas, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits, apples, lemons, etc.), low-fat yogurt, multigrain organic chips.
As I always say, love yourself and do not be harsh. Take full responsibility for yourself and your actions, but be gentle.
- your clothes do not fit
- your skin has lost its radiance
- you do not have enough energy
- you are regretting how much you ate
- you wish to work out
- you wanted to change
BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER UNHEALTHY CHOICE!
It is essential to understand that due to fluid balance or hormonal changes, your weight can fluctuate daily, and this cannot reflect fat loss or gain.
You can weigh yourself frequently, like this, you can be sure that you keep your weight under control.
These tips can be used as well whenever you want to lose weight, or you can implement them in your daily life to maintain your body weight in balance.
My dears, I provide below a video, which, together with my collaborator Hunyadi Sebastian Antonio, we designed to be listened to at night. The video contains powerful positive statements that your subconscious mind will absorb while you sleep, enabling you to achieve your ideal weight.
Be safe, make wise and healthy decisions, and spread the information with love for those in need.
Till next time…
Shape Your Body!
Founder of Dare & Be.