Each of us wants to be successful one way or another, but not many do something to achieve it. On the other hand, if for some people achieving success seems like an easy task, for others, achieving it seems unattainable. Then, you are probably wondering:
What is the formula to success?
What do people who seem to attract success do, unlike those who seem to run away from it?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 WHAT DEFINES SUCCESS?
- 2 HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
- 3 THE TOP OF 10 MOST EFFECTIVE HABITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 3.1 DEDICATE TIME TO SELF-CARE
- 3.2 BE AN EARLY BIRD
- 3.3 BE DISCIPLINED AND ORGANIZED
- 3.4 STAY FOCUSED TO MASTER THE TIME
- 3.5 BE A VISIONARY AND AN ACTION PERSON
- 3.6 DELEGATE TASKS
- 3.7 CHOOSE TO HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- 3.8 DIVERSIFY SOURCES OF INCOME
- 3.9 BE A LIFELONG STUDENT
- 3.10 BE A GIVER, NOT JUST A TAKER!
- 4 PIN POINTS TO REMEMBER!
WHAT DEFINES SUCCESS?
The Philosopher Will Durant gives us the best explanation:
“We are what repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Our actions repeated successively and consistently, whether positive or negative, lead to the creation of habits. It depends only on us if we want to create habits that lead us to success or that unlocked the door to failure.
So, as you can guess, the sum of several healthy, positive, and effective habits is the launching pad for success.
Success is a personal experience and has its own definition for each of us. It can mean and be represented differently from person to person.
For some people, the success is given by the financial stats, by the tangible goods, fame, or a luxury lifestyle.
Instead, for others, success is given by personal growth or professional achievement, by the harmony in the family relationship, or by a healthy and balanced lifestyle, full of joy, happiness and fulfillment.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
I have a healthy and balanced lifestyle, so for me, this is the definition of success.
But, what about you?
What does being successful mean for you?
It will be a good oportunity to take just a minute to think and clarify in what form you want to be successful.
Whether you want success in terms of health, relationship, career, or finances, it important is, to be honest with yourself and clarify why you want that success.
Success always comes with desire (to know clearly why you want it), it comes with the decision (that of being successful), and with choice (to say no to negative habits and to remain committed to it).
Figure out what success means to you and you will be able to focus on your vision and goals to achieve it!
THE TOP OF 10 MOST EFFECTIVE HABITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
In recent years I can say that I have been intrigued by the successful lives of people who knew how to separate themselves from the crowd.
I am not referring only to their financial status, but their success as a whole. I wanted to know what formula for success they have.
Of course, it is not about any magic formula, it is just a matter of desire, decision, and choice.
They chose to live a healthy lifestyle, based on healthy habits.
That is why I have made a selection of 10 effective habits that can mark your path to success.
DEDICATE TIME TO SELF-CARE
No matter how busy your schedule is, always dedicate time to your health!
Have a healthy and disciplined lifestyle, with physical maintenance, with a healthy diet to nourish the mind and body, with a good amount and quality of sleep, with mental breaks and regular medical check-ups.
Each of these factors contributes to bodily and mental efficiency, which raises and supports your energy level, productivity, and good mood daily.
BE AN EARLY BIRD
It is very important how and at what hour you wake up in the morning.
If you wake up straight away when the alarm sound, with at least two hours before you start your job or morning activities, you can prepare calmly, and to do your morning routine without having to hurry things.
You also give time to your mind to clear up, and not to be blurred. In this way, you can start the day with more focus on accomplishing tasks.
On the other hand, if you lie in bed after the alarm has stopped, or you wake up late, your state is one of continuous drowsiness without energy, with bad mood, and low efficency.
Be an early bird and you will see how time will begin to expand for you. Win the day, making the most of it with the first opportunities of the morning, to perform as many tasks as possible.
BE DISCIPLINED AND ORGANIZED
Without discipline and organization you are like a boat left at drift!
- Keep the workplace in the best possible organization. Although it is said that a genius can find anything in the chaos where he works, you do not apply this rule. Keep all the necessary tools at the desk as organized as possible, so that you have them all at hand, and don’t waste time looking for them.
- Always take time to plan tasks and goals, and stay commited to the plan. If you do not plan your day and stick to it, you will be very confused in what you have to do, and at the end of the day, you may find that time has passed and you have not achieved anything.
- Write a to-do-list of tasks, which you can do in the evening or the morning, depending on how it is more convenient for you. I prefer to write it in the evening because in this way the brain captures the information I transmit to it as I write, and in the morning I wake up with my mind focused on that list. Although you have a list of daily tasks, it is good to have the whole week scheduled in the calendar, to keep a close record.
- When preparing your daily to-do-list, create it based on priorities. Put the most important and urgent tasks at the top of the list followed by the least important. Also, separate short-term and long-term goals.
- Always set a deadline for tasks or goals. Without setting a time deadline, often leads to postponement or failure to achieve them.
- Very often, the to-do-list creates a multitasking trend. Although maybe when you look at the to-do-list, you think about how good it would have been to have Dr. Gadget’s bionic hands to solve as many tasks at once. We all want to finish the tasks as soon as possible, but if we start doing more than one at a time, it does not help us to finish them faster, and the quality of the results is not the best. So, concentrate your effort and energy doing one task at a time, with short breaks between them, and you will see that the results will surprise you.
In addition to discipline and organization, clarity plays an important role in achieving goals.
According to numerous studies, people who clearly define and write down what their goals are, are much more likely to achieve them, and especially in a much shorter period.
Instead, people who do not write or do not have clarity about their goals, invest much more time and achieve much less.
So, be as clear as possible in your goals, write them down in detail, organize the battle plan, take consistent and smart action, and be disciplined and persistent to stay commited to it. See the discipline as a reward for you and not as a punishment.
STAY FOCUSED TO MASTER THE TIME
It would be great to say “Hocus Pocus now we Focus”, and switch our minds into focus mode.
But, unfortunately, this does not happen, especially for people who are less disciplined when it comes to following the work schedule.
Distractions are everywhere (TV, telephone, neighbors, unfinished chores), and for easily distracted people the risk of falling into their trap is even higher.
We all get off track at some point, but there is a difference between less disciplined people and those who are very organized.
Most people, once they lose their focus, may need some time, maybe a day or even two to get back on track.
Instead, people who are used to being organized, have their minds set on recognizing when they are distracted from their key goals and can get back on track very quickly, in less than an hour.
To avoid the possibility of losing focus, create a more productive environment with fewer distractions!
The more you stay focused on what you need to do, the more you will get ready in less time. You don’t have more time than other people, but you certainly have the power to make the most of it!
Avoid wasting time! Become more aware of how you invest your time and energy.
BE A VISIONARY AND AN ACTION PERSON
Successful people, in general, are very good visionaries.
They can mentally visualize very clear the whole step-by-step plan, the actions that must be taken to achieve the goal, but above all, they can see the final result. But all these are not enough without action.
To be a person of action, you must have won, from the beginning, the battle against procrastination, to be able to take action without finding excuses to postpone them.
In my opinion, there should be no vision without action. Let me explain to you why.
If you are only a visionary and you see and create the whole mental plan, but without taking action to realize it, it will remain only a vision without relevance.
Instead, if you are just an action person you are like a horse at a cart, which pulls only from inertia, without having a clear destination.
Althought the two are opposite, they are interconnected, and to have both, it is necessary to often give, to your mind, time to rest, recuperate, and recharge by doing all kinds of activities that create a state of well-being.
You can engage in relaxing family activities, Yoga and Meditation sessions, or long walks in nature. In this way, you will be able after to perform any activity at your peak.
Many people struggle to succeed on their own.
I was one of them. But if you are the same, you should know that not only does it take twice as long to reach the goal, but it will bring you into a deplorable physical and mental condition of stress, fatigue, and frustration.
To avoid all this, it is vital to work in a team, to have partners, or collaborators. The action of delegating tasks, or dividing work, is what brings efficiency and productivity.
Many bright minds bring more effectiveness than one overwhelmed. Try to convey your clear vision to other people. Make others see what you see, and like the idea.
Thus, not only will reduce significantly the time to accomplish your goal, but you will have more minds, with brilliant ideas, working as a unitary whole. This is the advantage that facilitates the possibility of working for you and not against you.
So, if you are the kind of person who struggles to succeed on her own, I suggest you reanalyze the possibilities.
CHOOSE TO HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Life is an adversity, but the way you perceive it and react to it can bring you down or lift you.
You can perceive life with negativity and see it as a burden, or have a positive attitude towards it, and live it to the fullest.
A positive mindset and attitude marks the path to your mental health and facilitates the path to success.
A positive attitude makes life’s obstacles and challenges easier to manage, and it also leaves its mark on everything around you.
Your attitude plays an important role and can affect many aspects of your life like a chain.
It affects your family relationships, or relationships with co-workers, friends, clients, and how they perceive you. It can affect your efficiency and productivity, your Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem.
Use positive Self-Talks, or keep a journal, because it is the most effective form of Self-Therapy. Surround yourself with people who support you, who brings you positivism, and lift your spirits.
Listen to positive music to fill your soul or podcasts with motivational and inspirational messages, adopt a Grateful attitude to soothe your soul, and you will see how your general attitude will change, and you will perceive life in colors, not only in black and white.
“As long as you live, keep learning how to live.” Lucius Annaeus Seneca
DIVERSIFY SOURCES OF INCOME
Never limit yourself to just one source of income!
Most people live from a single source of income, which comes, in most cases, from the job they have as employees. But sometimes this is not enough, and then the financial problems and limitations begin.
The solution to this problem is to diversify sources of income, which in addition to rebalancing financial accounting, will provide you with security and financial independence.
I will give you some ideas that you can consider, to add more revenue streams, and to supplement your current income.
- You can take some free or low-cost courses for a new specialization, with the idea of using the knowledge to make a side hustle income.
- Consider building an affordable online business based on a hobby or passion.
- Become a partner in a ready-made business, or launch a new one.
- Make the most of your skills, whether or not they are different from your current job.
- Look for different opportunities in which to offer you part-time services.
- Create a passive income stream by creating digital products (e-books, courses) that you can then sell on Amazon or other platforms.
- Make small investments that are easy to manage and control.
An ideal way would be to reinvest part of each financial gain. Either you invest in yourself, learning new knowledge, or you invest in assets, they will never be a waste of money, but on the contrary, they will lead to profit generation.
Keep in mind the formula of successful people:
- “Make Money !
- Use that money to make more money!
- Repeat the Process!”
BE A LIFELONG STUDENT
” Learn everything you can, anything you can, from anyone you can. There will always come a time when you will be grateful!” Sarah Caldwell
Learning is a matter of choice, curiosity and determination. Curiosity to know new things, to have information to back up any challenge and to support your Self-Improvement in different aspects of your life. Be determined to grow both personally and professionally.
Nourish your mind and keep it sharp! Be a good listener and an active learner, read for at least 30 minutes every morning, gain new knowledge every day, about anything, do research, ask questions, learn new skills and apply them all to be able to deal with any obstacle that life hits you with.
- to improve the family relationship
- to maintain your mental and physical health
- to become a professional and a valuable leader
- to find the way to Self-Discovery
- to understand the language of money.
Be curious to know how to grow in all the aspects, and determined to support the learning process. When you are determined to learn, no one will be able to stop you or take your knowledge away!
BE A GIVER, NOT JUST A TAKER!
It is said, that with every wish we send to the Universe, a new hole is born. The more wishes we ask for, the more holes we create. We ask and the Universe offers us, but we forget to be grateful for what we receive.
Imagine this: if you just ask, and you don’t give back, your Universe will only be filled with holes. With every gratitude you give back, with every act of giving, you will fill a hole in your Universe.
Give every day your Gratitude for the new day and guidance during it, for all that it has brought you or will bring you, for your health and well-being and that of your family, for the people who come and go from your life, or for the opportunities rising in your way.
There are countless reasons to be grateful for, important is just to see them.
Give Time to your family, friends, or anyone who has the pleasure of spending it with you, because it is the most precious gift you can make for them.
Give your Help, and your Knowledge to all who need them, because remember, that in one form or another, in your path, there was always someone who was there for you!
PIN POINTS TO REMEMBER!
- Success can be achieved with Every Day Won. Make it a habit to win every day!
- As you strive to succeed, you still have to play the game of life.
- Keep up your mental and physical health, because it plays an important role in unlocking your path to success.
- Create a rich environment for learning and diversification.
- Rise yourself, by lifting others!
Till next time…
Unlock Your Path To Success!
~ Diana D. ~
Founder of Dare & Be.