The morning routine has a strong impact on the mood and energy that you will have during the day. That is why it is very important the attention with which you treat each beginning.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
AN EARLY BIRD OR A SLOTH?
If you are the person who delays into the bed, after the alarm sounds, or wakes up late, well… this usually, in no way keeps the mind and body active, giving them energy and a good mood for the whole day.
You will feel much more tired, stressed, and you will have to force yourself to keep up with alert activities.
When you wake up early and activate both your mind and body, right after you wake up, you will feel much more energetic, with a good mood, with mental clarity, which will improve your Self-Confidence, and will make you feel as you are on top of the world.
Therefore, I will reveal to you the main steps from my morning routine, which gives me vigor and keeps me at a high level of energy throughout the day.
I am convinced that if you will follow these steps, or you will create the morning routine that will be efficient to you, you will see considerable changes in mental and physical health.
Your professional performance will be at a higher level and your good disposition and energy will influence those around you, thus creating a conducive working atmosphere.
THE MORNING ROUTINE THAT ACTIVATES THE MIND AND BODY
WAKE UP EARLY
To have the time to create a healthy morning routine, you must wake up at least two hours before starting the activity itself.
My day starts at 5 or 6 am on the workdays, and at 8 am on the day off. Sounds harsh, doesn’t it? It was in the beginning, but when you maintain consistency and perseverence to keep a great habit, then everything follows its natural course.
Start your morning with enough energy and time to prepare yourself calmly, so you can enjoy the beginning of the day.
“We are born water!”
Did the phrase sounds familiar? The association is made because the human body contains 70-90% water, based on the age category.
Through secretions and perspiration, even during the night, about 2.5% of the water from our body, is lost.
I recommend the first thing when you wake up, consume a minimum of 500 ml of water, in slow and small sips.The water is energy, and must be consumed in a large quantity and of high quality.
It maintains a physiological balance of the body (it enters in the composition of organs, tissues and biological fluids), has a direct effect on your brain, structuring the information from it, giving it clarity, power of focus, and concentration.
SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE
“When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and the joy of lliving. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.” Tecumseh.
Every morning when yo wake up, show your Gratitude for the new day, for the restful sleep you had during the night; for the energy, power and health with which your body is Blessed, for the health of your family and for all the positive things that will come during the day, even if they have not happened yet.
Showing your Gratitude, you will start your day with an open heart, with an abundance of happiness, understanding, compassion, and kindness.
“GRATITUDE is richer. Complaint is POVERTY!”
So implement this step in your morning ritual, and you will see how your mornings will turn into miracles.
I am sure you have “x” reasons to be grateful for, important is just to see and feel them!
WORK YOUR BODY (EXERCISES EXPLAINED)
I know that for most of you who are not adept at physical work, you may find it a burden. But keep in mind that successful people always train before they start their day at work. It is important to put your body in motion, from the first hour of the morning.
This is a valuable strategy that improves your memory, the skills in making decisions, your health, energy and it gives you a sense of accomplishment, even if you do it for 10-15 minutes.
By creating this morning routine, you will see and feel the benefits they will bring to you, and especially you will notice the good mood and the well-being.
That is why, I provide you with a set of simple and easy stretching exercises, that can be done regardless of any age, and without professional assistance.
These will get your blood pumping and will help you to face a tiring day. The exercises can be done on the floor or even in bed.
STRETCH ALL YOUR BODY
- Lie on your back, with your arms parallel to your ears, stretch all your body for a few seconds, to the maximum, separating your fingers from your hands and feet.
- Feel stretching your arms, spine and legs. Following or during exercise, you may yawn because the tension in the body, accumulated during the night, is eliminated.
EXTENDED PUPPY POSE
If you are the owner of a cat or dog, it is impossible not to notice, a kind of stretching of the muscles, which they do immediately as they wake up. It is very simple, invigorating and gives you complete control over your body.
- Stand in all four, knees at the hips and arms at the shoulders.
- Stretch your hands forward with the palms on the mattress, as trying to catch something, without changing the hips’s position.
- Stretching should not be forced, but done with the extent imposed by the body. Make it a comfortable position for you.
- If your body allows you, maintain a 90-degree angle made by the legs and hips.
- The head can be easily left on your back, if you do not have cervical problems, or you can place your forehead on the mattress, between your arms.
- Hold the posture for a few seconds and get back to the starting position.
CAT/ COW POSE
It is one of my favorite posture, which helps to flex and expand the spine, gives it mobility and eliminates tensions in the lower back.
- Stay in all four, knees at the hips and arms at the shoulders.
- Inhale slowly, and when you exhale bend your spine, straighten the head in the direction of the chest, without pressing the neck. This is the “cat” posture.
- In the same initial position, inhale slowly, but this time, when you exhale arch the spine, let the head slightly back, and raise the tailbone in the direction of the ceiling. This is a “cow” posture.
- You can repeat the exercise a few times, feeling how your spine works.
- After completing the previous exercise, you can return to the original posture.
- Stand in all four, knees at the hips, arms at the shoulders and your spine neutral.
- This time extends one arm forward and the opposite leg back, without moving your hips.
- Stay in the posture for a few seconds, and then you can change your hand and foot.
- Repeat the exercise three times on each side.
- If you find this exercise difficult, you can only lift one leg at the time, without hands, keeping the rest of the body in its original position.
This exercise will strengthen your pelvis.
- Sit on your back, bend your knees and separate them keeping your hips line, with the soles on the mattress.
- Pull inward your stomach, while the pelvis is raised, and the back and spine remains on the mattress.
- Keep the posture for a few seconds, and come back in the initial posture.
- You can do a set of 6-8 pelvic lifts.
- Sit on your back, with your knees bend, but this time closed.
- Bend the both knees on both sides until they reach the mattress.
- Keep the posture on every side for a few seconds.
- Hold your hands out to the side.
- Repeat the exercise 6-8 times.
KNEES TO CHEST
- Sit on your back and bring your knees to your chest.
- Hold them with your hands, without pressing.
- Keep the posture for a few seconds, relaxing your spine.
- You can also make a slight balance on both sides.
- This exercise produces maximum flexion of the hips and knees.
Immediately after the physical exercises, standing in the meditation position (or in a sitting position), do a set of ten deep and slow breaths, assimilating the experience of working your body.
Notice every part of your body if it is tense, or it starts to relax, paying attention to the breath if it is accelerated or it starts to slow down.
By creating this Mindfulness moment, it will give you clarity and mental discipline, thus preparing you for an exceptional mental performance for the entire day.
You will connect with yourself, you will know your body and emotions better, helping you to improve your relationships with others.
TAKE A COLD SHOWER
Taking a cold shower is not a pleasant routine, I know. Not only does it have a beneficial effect on body health and aesthetics, but it is also revigorating and stimulates brain oxygenation.
It wakes you up, increases the adrenaline and testosterone, and will train your discipline.
It is a practice used in the tradition of several countries such as India, Finland, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, and we know very well what physical endurance they have.
That is why it is an additional reason to recommend the use of the cold shower.
Make the transition in small steps if it will be difficult for you to implement this practice in your routine.
In the beginning, do your normal shower with hot water, and at the last minute, do it with cold water.
Then, you can switch to the Irish shower version, alternating hot and cold water.
After a while, you will be able to came to the full version of the shower only with cold water.
The sensation that you will feel, will be exceptional. You will feel your body more light, energetic, with a very clear mind. An extraordinary state with which to start a new day!
Another very important step in the morning routine is a consistent and healthy breakfast. Many people I know, most often, skip this meal, replacing it with a coffee and a cigarette.
In my opinion, it is the most important meal, and the ratio of vitamins, minerals, and proteins consumed in this part of the day, will give you the necessary complex even if you are late with the lunch.
In the morning I have a nutrient breakfast, which I complement with a combination of nutritive juices, or a smoothie, an energy BOMB as I like to say, which balance my digestion, activate the metabolism, and provides a good mood.
I will share with you the ingredients, and the quantities can be used as you prefer, or depending on the number of people who will consume it.
– 1 or 2 bananas;
– a few fresh spinach leaves;
– 1 Tbsp chia seeds;
– 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon;
– 1/4 glass of coconut milk;
– 1 raw carrot;
– 1Tbsp of spirulina powder;
At the end, I add fresh orange juice enough to mix all the ingredients.
Depending on the season, I prefer to add as well strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or watermelon.
My Dears, this is my morning ritual which keeps me active during all day long. It will be great, If you will drop me a comment, or a note of your morning routine, through the comment below.
Till next time…
Keep Your Body Healthy And Your Mind Happy!
~ Diana D. ~
Founder of dareandbe.com/